Well I never would have imagined that 3 hurricanes would blow through Haiti and delay my receiving the charts from the mission trip this long..........nor did I expect both the generators to quit working the day I went to copy all of the kids evaluations to bring them home to you. Sorry ! Junior is almost done scanning each chart to me and I hope to be able to go through each of them over the weekend.
One thing we did find at the O was some tinea capitus (ring worm on the head) starting on some of the kids. Tinea can spread very quickly. We are going to be starting Caleb, Kervens, & Steph on Griseofulvin, an anti-fungal medication to stop it's spread.
I have set Clotilde up with new medication administration policy and procedure guideline and manual. This will allow a tracking system that can be reviewed by Halos committee members & adoptive parents. This will also provide a copy of the medications given to your child while in Haiti so you have something to show your doctor when you get to the states. It has been slow to change, but I feel we finally have the perfect nurse for the job. She is smart, on top of things, pays very close attention to details, and loves to be organized. We have also began to utilize a new system of nurses notes and SOAP notes. I am very excited about all the improvements. Thank you for sharing your wonderful children with me.......
Love,
Jennifer
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about the ring worm but hopefully it will clear up quickly & no others will get it.
I never thought I would see the day when I would actually get excited about SOAP notes :o) That's awesome that you're getting an organized system in place! Bravo! :o) Thanks for all you do Jen...and thank you too Junior!
This blog is awesome, Jen! You are awesome, Jen! Thank you for putting so much of your time and love into Halos, the people of Haiti and our children!!!!
We are praying for all the wee ones right now!
Jennifer,
I can not tell you how happy I am for this blog! As an adoptive parent this is such a valuable thing for us to have. THANK YOU for taking the time to keep us informed!
Jen- I just read this post! Thank you so much for keeping us so informed!!! I'm grateful to know anything and everything I can about the physical needs of my children (and all the TA kids) so that we can be lifting them up in prayer!
By the way, I totally agree with you about Clotilde! She is wonderful!
Post a Comment