Friday, October 17, 2008

Finally an Update!

On the medical side of things it has been basically boring since my last post! Reece and Peterson are doing well and the children on Griseofulvin just finished their first round of medication this week in time for the medical team to evaluate their progress. It has been just the same cold virus here and there..........until a few days ago. A new virus has landed at the "O". Currently, it is Jamsely and Peterson who have it. 2 days ago it was Jean Baptiste. The virus is causing high temps 101-102 without any other symptoms. The children are responding well to Tylenol and Motrin. The boys will both be evaluated the minute the team arrives tomorrow just to rule out any ears or throat issues. I must say it is nice to have a virus hit before a team goes down rather than 3 days after we get home (as has been the case with the last 2 teams).

Annabella's parents have asked me to specifically check her lung functioning when I get to Haiti on Thursday. If you have a specific issue that you want myself or the team to evaluate next week, please respond in writing before I leave. This blog is to generate open communication. I apologize for being a bit distracted as we are trying to sell our home in order to have more room to hopefully offer space for children who need medical visas. Please know that I am in contact with the medical team in Haiti daily. I will be better at posting even if there is no new info to post.

God Bless,

Jennifer

5 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Thanks for the update Jennifer. I hope the team has a blessed time while they are there.

livingpurereligion said...

Boring is good! I wish that it could always be so boring:)

Thanks for keeping us updated. Besides, Kervens' ring worm, could you please check Rebecca's legs and skin?

Thank you, Cara Boone

Abbie said...

Boring is good! Thanks Jen for your follow-through with Annabella, we really appreciate it. We are looking forward to a good report.

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Great timing for the team's arrival! What a blessing it will be to have the medical team there to assess the coughs, sneezes and sniffles.

Thanks for the update, Jen! We all appreciate your devotion, work and love for TA's and the kiddos.

Lena Just Lena said...

Thanks for the update, Jennifer.

I will look forward to your updates on Jean Ba-once you've seen him with your own eyes.

You and the team will be in my prayers. I will also be praying that this new virus is short lived, and that most of the kids and staff miss it!