Okay NOT really parasites but Jamie Vrandenburg told me to use that term. As the mother of a child with ring worm and possible lice and scabies she thought it was fitting as so did all of us at the table. Yes, indeed lice and scabies have joined the ranks of TA's. The creams and shampoos with be a flyin' and the sheets will be a boilin' around here soon.
Here is an update on the rest of children as of today:
-Nata fell and her tooth went through her lip and it is very swollen. No stitches were needed. She is doing well with ice and ibuprofen (& a little soup, pudding, and candy)
-Jean Baptiste's asthma and allergies are back. He is on a 5 day course of steroids and breathing treatments 3 times per day. Praise God for the joy I see on his smiling face again! He is a changed boy from August. God has answered many prayers.
-Annabella's chest x-ray is questionable for either the return of TB or pneumonia. She also has lice. We are going to take her to the TB hospital on Monday as soon as it opens.
-Rebecca has scabies otherwise her skins is fine
-Jamsely's fever has completely resolved. He is feisty and even gave me a whack on the leg as I walked through the nursery.
-Reece continues to do well
-Sara has ringworm and possibly bronchitis
-Stephania had a seizure today (1st ever that we are aware of). We feel it is due to a fever. Prayers that this was just a febrile fever and she never has one again.
-Danielle once again had a clear discharge from his ear but it is not infected
-Peterson is without fever and very happy and playful
-Jolsin's skin lesion has resolved
There continues to be a bunch of runny noses and still some coughing going on. We are watching closely for fevers. Will update again before I leave Haiti (assuming I have a connection)
Jennifer
There continues to be a bunch of runny noses and still some coughing going on. We are watching closely for fevers. Will update again before I leave Haiti (assuming I have a connection)
Jennifer
8 comments:
Daniel is big daniel right? Or are we talking little Isaiah Daniel?
Whoa, Jen! Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun down there:) I'm so glad that you are there!!! Thanks for the report on Rebecca's skin. I suspected scabies back in May when I was there, but wasn't sure. Do you think she has had since then or just recently got it? Either way, we are praying that all the "parasites" are cleared up soon! (And hopefully before we get there in December:)
Thanks again, Jen!
Thanks Jen - we'll wait to hear more from you after Monday...
Oh my poor Nathael! I wish I was there to comfort you sweetie. We are praying for your health and the health of all the children.
Praying for all of the children! Thank you for everything you do!
Thanks for the update-I'm glad to hear my lil guy is smiling.....God is truly gracious. I'm sorry to hear about the asthma/allergies returning. I will continue to be
Praying praying praying
How is Naitile?
Jen, Any word on how Stephania is doing? We've been praying for this sweet girl!
Post a Comment